Handling Aviation Accidents Nationwide
RN, BSN, CRRN, CBIS and Brain Injury Nurse Specialist
Ginny Lazzara, has been a rehabilitation Nurse Consultant for Nolan Law Group since 2000. She brings more than 20 years experience in the field of brain injury rehabilitation to the firm.
She is available to our clients and their families to address individual needs and concerns regarding their brain injury, medical, and community resources.
St. Xavier University, Chicago,
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 1985
Sigma Theta Tau National Honor Society of Nursing and recipient of the first “Outstanding Student Service/Leadership” Award
Mt. Sinai/Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital, Chicago (1985 – 2000).
Responsible for patient care and management, admission to discharge. Ginny also served as the Coordinator of the Brain Injury Program for more than 10 years where she developed a new department, “Extended Services” to address the continuing needs of people with brain injury after discharge. She also assisted in the development and implementation of the violence prevention program, “In My Shoes.” Ginny has facilitated the brain injury support group, “Making Headway” since 1986 and continues to do so as a volunteer for the hospital.
- Chair, Governor’s Council on Brain and Spinal Cord Injury, State of Illinois, (2006-2010)
- Chair, Brain Injury Association of Illinois Board of Directors, (2001-Present)
- Member of the Board of Directors, Brain Injury Association of America (Elected, January, 2008- 2013)
- Chair, State Affiliate Assembly, Brain Injury Association of America (Elected January, 2008)
- Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (Association of Rehabilitation Nurses)
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist (Brain Injury Association of America)
- James Brady Award (Brain Injury Association of Illinois) 1995
- Crane Gargoyle Award (Chicago Council for Disability Rights) 1996
- “Make A Difference” Award (Brain Injury Association of Illinois) 1997
- “BIG” Peoria Brain Injury Support Group, “Professional of the Year”, 2005
- State Leadership/Team Award of Excellence (Brain Injury Association of America) 2002
- State Leadership Award (Brain Injury Association of America) 2007
- Brain Injury Association of America State Association Leadership Award: Chief Volunteer Officer of the Year, 2011